Our final project was to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign to create a gallery poster that defined a given word using images. We drew numbers to select our word from a list that included choices such as Bricolage, Kitsch, Tautology, Iconoclastic, and, obviously, Panache.
 The first of three images in a triptych to create a unified theme from images and text using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. We were allowed to use original or found images for this project, so I opted for found images.
 The second of three images in a triptych to create a unified theme from images and text using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. We were allowed to use original or found images for this project, so I opted for found images.
 The third of three images in a triptych to create a unified theme from images and text using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. We were allowed to use original or found images for this project, so I opted for found images.
 This is the completed triptych for our second project. Most of the class used one large background matte to complete their project, but I decided that my theme would be more accurately presented by creating an offset skeleton matte.
 This is the photo of a knot in the wooden counter at a Crush Wine and Spirits that I used as the basis for our first project. It was taken with a Canon DSLR with a 60mm macro lens, then edited in Lightroom to enhance the saturation ever so slightly.
 Here is the final project, recreating a texture using text in Adobe Illustrator.
prev / next